The legend speaks about the owner of Roosa manor, who had promised to build a church if he is saved from a shipwreck. When he had happily escaped the sea, he fulfilled his promise and the first church was built in Roosa in 1735.
The current church is the third one in Roosa, built in 1893.
The massive quarrystone walls have round-headed windows and brick ornaments, the tower has four sides and triangular gables. The altar-piece is a copy of the ″Christ on the Cross” from the St. Mary's Church in Rõuge and the organ is the first church organ the Kriisa brothers built in 1900.